We are dedicated to promoting health equity and reducing the disparity in diabetes outcomes that disproportionately affect the Black community in Buncombe County.
If you have type 2 diabetes or are at risk the YWCA offers a life-changing journey!
What are the benefits?
- Weekly educational support groups
- Membership to the YWCA Fitness and Aquatic Center
- Consultations with a pharmacist
We will explore important topics such as:
- Monitoring blood glucose (sugar)
- Engaging in physical activity
- Making healthy food choices, planning meals and controlling portion size
- Knowing your medications
- Understanding complications associated with diabetes
- Managing stress and social situations
- Setting goals and problem solving
All of this is offered to you for an affordable, sliding scale, monthly fee!
For more information or to sign up, call Leah Berger-Singer at (828)254-7206 x 212