MotherLove provides mentoring and support for teen parents.
At the YWCA we believe all women deserve the opportunity to complete their education and reach their goals. YWCA’s MotherLove program aims to help pregnant and parenting teens stay in school and graduate, access higher education and vocational training, develop the skills and knowledge needed to become strong parents and delay another teen pregnancy. We are committed to ensuring bright futures for teen parents and their families.
Goals of MotherLove
- High School Graduation
- Healthy Pregnancy and Birth
- Nurturing Parenting Skills
- Delay of Second Pregnancy
- One-on-One Support for participants with YW staff members for individual case management and academic goal setting.
- Home Visits to help participants provide healthy, nurturing homes for their children.
- Evening Group Meetings for participants provide additional opportunities to discuss relevant issues in a supportive, group setting.
- Lunch Bunch gatherings are held at eight area high schools throughout the school year. Students provided with a healthy lunch and receive information about parenting, teen pregnancy prevention, healthy relationships, and get connected to community resources. Young parents share stories or seek advice from each other in an atmosphere of inclusion and acceptance. Lunch Bunch is open to any pregnant or parenting teen regardless of enrollment in the MotherLove program.
We serve students enrolled in the following schools:
- Asheville High/WR Learning Center/SILSA
- AC Reynolds High School
- Community High School
- Erwin High School
- Enka High School
- North Buncombe High School
- Owen High School
- TC Roberson High School
For More Information, Contact:
Kelley Hubbell, LCSW
Women’s Empowerment Director
Thanks to Our Funders
The MotherLove program is made possible with support from the City of Asheville, NC Dept Health and Human Services – Women’s Health Branch – Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative, Bank of America, TD Bank, the United Way of Asheville, Buncombe County Services Foundation and YWCA donors. The YWCA of Asheville is a proud partner with Working Wheels.