Take a Stand Against Racism in Your Community
The YWCA’s Stand Against Racism, in partnership with YWCA Associations nationwide, seeks to build community among those who work for racial justice and to raise awareness about the negative impact of institutional and structural racism. This campaign is one part of our larger strategy to fulfill our mission of eliminating racism. In 2022, the annual Stand Against Racism campaign took place April 28 – May 1, 2022.
We encourage you to join the 2023 campaign, visit our campaign website and sign up to hold your own event(s), find and attend an existing event, contact your members of Congress, and/or participate in any of our national activities, including taking a campaign selfie or joining the SAR Challenge.
Here are some ideas of how you might participate:
- Bring together a group of friends and colleagues to read a book or article about racial
justice and then gather to discuss it.
- Hang signs in your place of business
- Create art, music, or writing that embodies the theme of this year’s initiative, “We Can’t
Wait: Equity and Justice Now!”
- Create art picturing your commitment to a fight for racial justice.
- Donate the proceeds of your sales to an organization creating lasting racial justice change.
- Create your own individual way of participating in STAND.
STAND events and observations can be public or private. Any business, group, or individual can register their event at StandAgainstRacism.org Our collective efforts can root out injustice, transform institutions, and create a world that sees women, girls, and people of color the way we do: Equal. Powerful. Unstoppable.
or Learn more at StandAgainstRacism.org
For More Information, Contact
YWCA Racial Justice Advocate