YWCA Job Openings: Come work with us
Thank you for your interest in a position with YWCA of Asheville. If you’re passionate about eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, we want you on our team! Here individuals can make a difference, and we seek those who share our values to support our mission. Check out the current YWCA job openings below.
Current Job Openings
We are always accepting independent contractor resumes for currently certified Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers. Resumes should be sent to: Fitness.Coordinator@ywcaofasheville.org
- Works together with co-teacher to produce the curriculum for each day and to provide a schedule for the class ensuring that curriculum guidelines and requirements established by the center are met.
- Stays up-to-date on and implements rules and regulations regarding health, safety, and cleanliness for a five-star- rated child care center.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest theories of and best practices for promoting language, cognitive, social and emotional, and physical development for children in the assigned classroom.
- Works together with co-teacher to ensure that administrative tasks are accomplished each day.
- Directs volunteers in the classroom ensuring compliance with all regulations and also ensuring a quality experience for the volunteer.
- Interacts appropriately with parents when present in the classroom; ensures that parents are informed of children’s daily activities, health concerns, eating habits, and other areas of interest to the family.
- Models positive behavior for children according to the culture and mission of the YWCA, including non-violent speech and action and respect for all.
- Participates actively and positively in the YWCA’s initiatives toward reducing childhood obesity; acts as a role model and provides positive guidance to children toward trying new foods, appropriate table manners, and the enjoyment of exercise.
POSITION TITLE: Lifeguard
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Coordinator
FUNCTION: Lifeguards ensure the safety of all aquatics participants by preventing accidents, informing participants of and enforcing the rules. Lifeguards also assist in the maintenance of the facility and program operations to ensure that all participants have a good experience.
- Maintains vigilance over pool participants from a position on the pool deck.
- Becomes familiar with physical circumstances of participants, paying attention to visible medical conditions and limitations. Learns participants’ names.
- Assist participants as needed, projecting professionalism.
- Collects tickets and logs each participant to record attendance in each activity.
- Attends mandatory in-service trainings as arranged by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Immediately communicates any problems or issues affecting the safety and enjoyment of participants to the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant—by telephone if necessary.
- When serving an opening or closing shift, performs extra duties defined by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant.
- Tests the water temperature and condition at regular intervals during shift according to schedule and standards set by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant. Accurately records results.
- When not supervising participants, takes initiative to organize program supplies and toys, arrange ropes for the next activity, clean the deck, check the First Aid Kit, and perform other duties as described by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant.
- Provides excellent customer service, ensuring that all members and participants at the YWCA are welcomed, provided with accurate and complete information, and shown respect and appreciation. Willingly and responsibly facilitates solutions to problems presented by staff, members, and participants.
- Assumes other responsibilities appropriate for the position as requested by the YWCA administration.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding information about participants and colleagues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education level: High school degree or equivalent.
Experience: 2 years as a lifeguard.
Certifications:American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
Other: Able to perform CPR and basic first aid.
Technical: Basic computer literacy.
HOURS OF WORK: Part time, potentially including evenings and weekends.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $10.00 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Marybeth.email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: Empowerment Childcare Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Empowerment Childcare Program
REPORTS TO: Director of Empowerment Childcare
FUNCTION: Empowerment Childcare Counselors are responsible for ensuring that children in the care of the Empowerment Center are safe, have sanitary conditions, have activities, interaction with counselors or volunteers, and are provided with food according to guidelines. The Empowerment Childcare Center serves the children of Motherlove participants and of Club W members. The position is part time, year round and non-exempt.
- Ensures that the center is open, safe, and cleaned using the prescribed sanitation methods.
- Ensures that parents dropping off children are personally greeted and that parents remain confident that the center is safe and clean and is providing appropriate stimulation for their children. Maintain a high level of organization when handling the possessions of child participants.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate for the number of children at all times by regulating intake of Health and Fitness participants if necessary.
- Provides structure and maintain order by making sure that age-appropriate activities are available and develop new activities as required. Participate in activities with children and exercise approved methods of redirection when needed.
- Maintain a tidy environment in the Center throughout the day and evening. Engage children in clean up and set up.
- Engages with and explains protocols to volunteers when needed. Facilitate volunteer-led activities.
- Ensures that food is prepared and served appropriately. Provides healthy options. Advises the director when food is needed; creates lists.
- Coordinates and consults with parents on concerns such as improper clothing or inadequate provisions. Advises parents on child’s daily activity; include reports on any problems the children encountered.
- Adopts appropriate tone with parents. Practices good customer service at all times.
- Reports non-compliance regarding provisions as well as non-compliance regarding pick-up time to the director immediately.
- Ensures that information (contact information, allergies, etc.) on parents and children are up to date at all times by using prescribed sign in procedures.
- Ensures that parents sign in and out at every visit and that appropriate forms are completed and up to date.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education level: High school diploma or higher
Experience: Must have experience working with children in a daycare setting
Certifications: EDU119 is minimum requirement
HOURS OF WORK: Hours vary between day and evening hours, some Saturday mornings required.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $10.00 minimum, more depending on Education
FLSA STATUS: non-exempt
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org