YWCA Job Openings: Come work with us
Thank you for your interest in a position with YWCA of Asheville. If you’re passionate about eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, we want you on our team! Here individuals can make a difference, and we seek those who share our values to support our mission. Check out the current YWCA job openings below.
Current Job Openings
We are always accepting independent contractor resumes for currently certified Group Exercise Instructors and Personal Trainers. Resumes should be sent to: Fitness.Coordinator@ywcaofasheville.org
- Works together with co-teacher to produce the curriculum for each day and to provide a schedule for the class ensuring that curriculum guidelines and requirements established by the center are met.
- Stays up-to-date on and implements rules and regulations regarding health, safety, and cleanliness for a five-star- rated child care center.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest theories of and best practices for promoting language, cognitive, social and emotional, and physical development for children in the assigned classroom.
- Works together with co-teacher to ensure that administrative tasks are accomplished each day.
- Directs volunteers in the classroom ensuring compliance with all regulations and also ensuring a quality experience for the volunteer.
- Interacts appropriately with parents when present in the classroom; ensures that parents are informed of children’s daily activities, health concerns, eating habits, and other areas of interest to the family.
- Models positive behavior for children according to the culture and mission of the YWCA, including non-violent speech and action and respect for all.
- Participates actively and positively in the YWCA’s initiatives toward reducing childhood obesity; acts as a role model and provides positive guidance to children toward trying new foods, appropriate table manners, and the enjoyment of exercise.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and safety of the fitness center. Duties include daily cleaning and maintenance of fitness equipment, including but not limited to vacuuming under treadmills, wiping equipment and mats, sweeping, deodorizing, refilling supplies, cleaning cycle room and fans. Inspects the equipment on a daily schedule and reports any unsafe conditions and equipment to the Fitness Coordinator immediately
- Conducts tours of the fitness center and the YWCA for prospective fitness center members. Provides membership information; signs up new members
- Orients new members to the uses of the equipment in the fitness center. Ensures that members understand how to operate the weight-resistance and cardiovascular equipment in a safe and correct manner. Demonstrates safe exercises
- Enforces all facility, rules, and regulations
- Responds to members concerns and questions; takes initiative on assisting members when needed and encouraging members to exercise
- Utilizes database effectively and efficiently to manage member accounts and update notes
- Computer literacy (email, for example) is required. The willingness and capacity to learn data entry using specialized YWCA software is also required.
POSITION TITLE: Lifeguard
REPORTS TO: Aquatics Coordinator
FUNCTION: Lifeguards ensure the safety of all aquatics participants by preventing accidents, informing participants of and enforcing the rules. Lifeguards also assist in the maintenance of the facility and program operations to ensure that all participants have a good experience.
- Maintains vigilance over pool participants from a position on the pool deck.
- Becomes familiar with physical circumstances of participants, paying attention to visible medical conditions and limitations. Learns participants’ names.
- Assist participants as needed, projecting professionalism.
- Collects tickets and logs each participant to record attendance in each activity.
- Attends mandatory in-service trainings as arranged by the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Immediately communicates any problems or issues affecting the safety and enjoyment of participants to the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant—by telephone if necessary.
- When serving an opening or closing shift, performs extra duties defined by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant.
- Tests the water temperature and condition at regular intervals during shift according to schedule and standards set by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant. Accurately records results.
- When not supervising participants, takes initiative to organize program supplies and toys, arrange ropes for the next activity, clean the deck, check the First Aid Kit, and perform other duties as described by the Aquatics Coordinator or Aquatics Assistant.
- Provides excellent customer service, ensuring that all members and participants at the YWCA are welcomed, provided with accurate and complete information, and shown respect and appreciation. Willingly and responsibly facilitates solutions to problems presented by staff, members, and participants.
- Assumes other responsibilities appropriate for the position as requested by the YWCA administration.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding information about participants and colleagues.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education level: High school degree or equivalent.
Experience: 2 years as a lifeguard.
Certifications:American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification
Other: Able to perform CPR and basic first aid.
Technical: Basic computer literacy.
HOURS OF WORK: Part time, potentially including evenings and weekends.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $10.00 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Marybeth.email@example.com