Welcome to YWCA Aquatics Learn to Swim Program!
All swim levels are welcome at the YWCA. We offer swim lessons for children of all ages and adults. Our lessons are taught by certified instructors and life guards are always on duty. In addition to traditional swim skill lessons we offer mermaid classes, swim team development instruction and more. See you in the pool!
- Swimmers ages 5 years & under placed in classes by age. Swimmers ages 6 years & above are placed by skill.
- We offer a Little Swimmers class for our more advanced swimmers ages 4 & 5 years. Swimmers are placed in this class by instructor invitation only.
- We offer Baby and Preschool classes for swimmers ages 6 months to 3 years. These swimmers must be accompanied by one adult in the water at all times. Adults may take turns accompanying swimmers during class.
- Our Developmental Team class is for the swimmer age 6 -15 years who wishes to refine their strokes, increase their endurance or just stay challenged in the off season.
- MerFolk Jr is for intermediate swimmers ages 7 - 16 years who want a fun swim experience like no other!
Adult Swim Classes:
- We offer a Beginners Class is for swimmers who are starting from scratch.
- Our Adult Intermediate Class is available for confident swimmers looking to refine their technique.
- MerFit is for the intermediate swimmer looking for an alternative fun workout!
Click Here for All Class Descriptions
Private Swim Instruction and Personal Training:
- Learn to Swim students interested in one-on-one lessons designed to build comfort and basic water skills with an experienced instructor prepared for working through fear of the water.
- Swim Team Participants looking to improve race times, stroke technique and strategies for competition.
- Triathletes seeking help with stroke mechanics and endurance for improving their times, comfort and distances.
- Any swimmer who wants extra attention for their stroke mechanics and overall progression.
- Private Instruction and Training Information and Pricing
- Priority registration is offered to all currently enrolled students, YWCA Members and Pool Package families two weeks before the end of a session. Priority registration is not available online; families must call the Aquatics office if they wish to register before open registration begins. To sign up call 828.254.7206 ext. 110 or 115
- Open registration is online and is typically available one week before new session begins.
YWCA Pool & Swim Lesson Information:
During the Lesson:
- Anyone who wishes to watch lessons may do so from our pool viewing room. Located off the deep end, the pool viewing room has air conditioning, ample seating, and wifi.
- We ask that family and friends clear the pool deck during lessons.
- For security reasons, photography of any kind is prohibited during swim lessons.
- For safety reasons, each swim family is expected to have one adult in the building during lessons to be available for potty breaks, locker room escorts, and any emergency that may arise.
In order to maintain our instructor to student ratio, makeup classes are not offered for students who miss a swim class.
Thunder & Lightning Policy:
The YWCA follows the National Lightning Safety Institute guidelines regarding thunder and lightning. When either are present, the pool and pool deck must be cleared for 20 minutes after each instance. Stay Connected: Get notifications and facility closure updates on the go.
Download our Mobile App Follow us on Twitter
Contact YWCA Aquatics:
To sign up for swim classes and lessons call the Aquatics Staff at 828.254.7206 ext. 110 or 115