Thank you for your interest in sharing your time and talents with the YWCA. Volunteers are critical to the YWCA’s mission, and we simply couldn’t do it without your help and support.
The YWCA of Asheville has volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. We design volunteer assignments to fit your schedule, experience level and team-building goals. Please see our list of YW program opportunities below, and visit our Hands On Asheville-Buncombe page to see a full list of volunteer opportunities.
Download the volunteer application: Word Document or PDF
Empowerment Childcare (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 12 pm)
- Lead reading circles and group enrichment activities
- Provide classroom support for Empowerment Childcare staff
Early Learning Program (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Reading, storytelling and group enrichment activities
- Help with lunch and snack distribution from our Healthy Meals Kitchen
MotherLove (flexible time commitment)
- Help behind the scenes – donated baby clothes, maternity clothes, baby care items, toys or new school supplies, diapers, and formula are all greatly appreciated
- Join us for our monthly Group meetings here at the YWCA and help a young parent learn new skills for her life as a successful parent and student
- Join the fun in the pool as a swim assistant. Help children and adults learn the basics of floating, kicking, breathing and diving.
- Support the Aquatics Program with behind-the-scenes administrative work or on-the-deck supervising
Administrative Support (flexible time commitment)
- Office support that includes data entry, filing and YWCA archives
- Help with the YWCA Empower Hour Tour (1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month) - this tour gives the community a better look at the people we serve, our community advocacy efforts, and the family-friendly atmosphere inside our building
- Translating organizational documents into Spanish
For more information about volunteering, contact:
Gerry Leonard, Racial Justice & Outreach Specialist
828-254-7206 x 219